The documentation in this section describes how to deploy Imply as a standalone
package in on-prem or non-AWS cloud environments. For AWS deployments, we
strongly recommend that you use Imply Cloud.
The easiest way to evaluate Imply as standalone software is to install it on a single machine using
For on-prem installations, Imply bundles Druid and
Pivot in a
single, easy-to-install package. It can be run in any configuration supported by the underlying
Installing Imply on-prem offers several advantages over stock Druid:
- Imply includes a tested, stable release of Druid.
- Imply includes scripts to easily start and supervise servers and assist with ingesting data.
- Imply includes Pivot, an interactive visualization interface for exploring and explaining data.
- Imply includes a SQL IDE for issuing Druid SQL queries.
- Imply packaging enables less resources to be used for POCs and small production deployments.
It is easy to migrate to and from stock Druid and the Imply distribution.