Imply Polaris lets you pause a project temporarily. While a project is paused, the only charges you continue to accrue are for storing files in Polaris and using Elastic Block Storage (EBS) volumes.
This topic describes how to pause and resume a project.
To pause and resume a project, you need the
These roles are assigned to the Organization Admin group by default.
For more information on roles, visit User roles reference.
Pause a project
You can pause any project temporarily, irrespective of the account plan and project size. Pausing a project cancels all of your running batch and streaming ingestion jobs. All new ingestion jobs will fail. All running queries are canceled without returning data to users.
While your project is paused:
- You continue to accrue costs associated with file storage and EBS volumes.
- UI access is limited to Project Size, User management, and Usage and Billing pages.
- You cannot load new data or query existing data.
- You cannot create new tables, tiles, or dashboards.
To pause a project:
- Select Project size from the left pane.
- On the Project size page, under Current Usage, click Pause project.
- Confirm your selection to proceed. The process takes a couple of minutes.
For information on how to pause a project programmatically, see Update a project via API.
Resume a project
You can resume a paused project at any time by clicking the Resume project button on the home page. It takes a few minutes to resume a project.
See the following topics for more information: