Imply 2.3.9 includes the following packages:
- Druid 0.10.1-iap6
- ImplyUI 0.3.33
- PlyQL 0.11.2
- Tranquility 0.8.2
- ZooKeeper 3.4.10
The Imply download includes a 30 day trial evaluation of the Imply interface (which includes Pivot, a powerful visual data explorer).
Interface licenses are included with Imply subscriptions — contact us to learn more!
When upgrading from early Imply 2.x releases, which bundled Druid 0.9.2, review the "Upgrading from 0.9.2"
section of the release notes on https://github.com/druid-io/druid/issues/3944.
For notes about upgrading from pre-2.x versions, see the release notes for Imply 2.0.0.
This Imply release is based on Druid 0.10.1. Release notes for Druid 0.10.1 can be found at: https://github.com/druid-io/druid/releases/tag/druid-0.10.1. In addition, Imply 2.3.9 contains the following Druid patches:
- TimestampSpec: Have "auto" detect timestamps in almost-iso format.
- Kafka: Fixes needlessly low interpretation of maxRowsInMemory.
- Get s3 objects directly from prefixes when listing is failed due to permission.
- Implement get methods for PrefetchableFirehose.
- free() dictionary merging buffers in IndexMerger.
- Add metrics to the native queries underpinning SQL.
- More informative QueryInterruptedException toString().
- Replace Guava Enum.getIfPresent with builtin version.
- Fix improper handling of empty arrays in StringDimensionIndexer.
- Fix binary serialization in caching.
- Fix GroupBy limit push down error when buffer is too small.
- Fix decimal type handling in ORC extension.
- Fix improper rounding of ORC decimals.
- Return null for the null list in OrcStruct.
- Fix race with SQL metadata caching.
- Additional docs/log for direct memory usage.
- Reduce excessive logging on the coordinator.
In this version Pivot was incorporated into the larger ImplyUI project the
pivot executable and process is now
- Minimum required node version changed to 4.5.0 (from 4.0.0)
- Integrated SQL UI for running DruidSQL queries
- Entirely new way of storing state, state storage is now mandatory and much more flexible
- Added support for SQLite and Postgres state storage
- Redesigned Pivot home screen with favourites
- Added Grid table visualization
- "Collections" renamed to "Dashboards", much more flexible layout system
- All dashboards are now always filterable
- Added ability to apply themes to data cubes and dashboards
- Improvements to filtering on dashboards with tiles from different data cubes
- Visualizations now look better at a small scale, multi-measure visualizations are supported in dashboards
- Sharing and Access control lists for data cubes and dashboards
- Short stateful URLs
- Integrated LDAP connector
- Added button to easily go back to the dashboard that you came form when expanding a tile
- Ability to define a server side data cache to boost performance
- Misc big fixes and improvements
- Added a new user type: dashboard-only-user which is a user that can only edit dashboards (not data cubes)
- Added a new userMode: all-dashboard-only-users which will assign everyone as dashboard-only-user
- Fixed bug in /mkurl
- Only super-admin users can now edit the clusters in full imply UI mode
- Ability to define
altDataSource through data cube options
- Fixes in over-aggressive caching
- Fixes in
shift+enter shortcut within the SQL UI