You can define roles and users in the Imply Manager, as described in this topic.
Configuring the administrative user
The first time you log into the Imply Manager for a deployment, you are prompted to create an administrative user for the instance.
In Imply Cloud, this user already is created upon account setup, so you do not need to create it manually.
This user can be considered a super user; it has full permissions. Use it to create additional administrative users in Imply Manager, with targeted roles and permissions.
Adding users and roles
You can add users and manage permissions for users through roles. Imply Manager includes built-in roles, and you can define your own.
You can access user settings from the Master settings configuration, accessible from the top left menu.
Roles are composed of permissions. Note that users can only assign or manage other permissions that the users themselves have been assigned. That is, a user with the User Manager role only cannot grant other users the Super admin role.
Permissions in Imply Manager are:
- ManageUsers – Enables users to create, remove, and modify user accounts in the Imply Manager UI, as well as assign users roles.
- ManageUserRoles – Allows users to create, delete, and modify user roles.
- ManagePasswords – Allows users to reset passwords for other users. When you trigger a password reset for another user, the Imply Manager provides a URL where the end user can enter a new password.
- ManageUserStates – Allows users to unlock and enable access for other users.
- ManageClusters – Allows users to create, modify, and remove clusters, including the ability to add servers to the cluster.
The Manager UI includes these predefined roles:
- Super admin – Has all permissions except ManageUserStates.
- User Manager – Has the following permissions:
- Cluster Manager – Has ManageClusters permissions.