The Imply Polaris APIs provide programmatic access to working with tables, files, and ingestion tasks in Polaris.
The Polaris APIs rely on the OAuth 2.0 protocol for authentication and authorization. See Authenticate API requests for configuring OAuth-based clients to access the APIs.
See the following topics to get started using the Polaris APIs.
- Create a table: Create a table using the Tables API.
- Get table ID: Determine the ID of a table.
- Define a schema: Validate and set a table's schema.
- Upload files to a staging area: Upload files using the Files API.
- Ingest data into a table: Ingest data from uploaded files into a table.
- Stream event data into a table: Ingest data from a source data stream.
- Query data: Submit SQL queries using the Query API.
- Link to BI tools: Access Polaris data from external business intelligence tools.
- Connect over JDBC: Connect a JDBC driver to Polaris.
For more information on the APIs, see API reference.