Tables and data
Introduction to Imply Polaris
Imply Polaris is the easiest real-time database for modern analytics applications, built from Apache Druid and delivered as a fully managed database as a service (DBaaS).
Polaris is much more than Druid in the cloud. It drives automation and intelligence that delivers the performance of Druid without needing expertise. It also provides a complete, integrated experience that simplifies everything from ingesting data to using visualizations to extracting valuable insights from your data.
To get started:
Watch the following video tutorial for an introduction to Polaris:
Benefits of Polaris
Start building analytics applications in as little as five minutes. Reap all the benefits of Apache Druid’s best-in-class speed, scale, and agility on a fully managed cloud database as a service designed by the open source project’s original creators.
Key benefits of Polaris include:
- Fully managed cloud service: Build modern analytics applications without worrying about the underlying infrastructure. Take advantage of automated setup, backups, disaster recovery, security, upgrades, and ongoing management to deliver an always-on service.
- Single development experience: Develop your analytics applications using the fully integrated experience that includes:
- Built-in, push-based streaming built on Confluent Cloud
- Integrated visualization engine
- SQL IDE
- Performance metrics and usage monitoring
- Database optimization: Benefit from Druid's incomparable performance without turning knobs. Polaris automates configurations and tuning parameters. It also includes built-in performance monitoring to ensure maximum performance for every query from your app.
- Scale in seconds: Data ingestion scales elastically. You can easily scale up or down other resources based upon your performance and storage needs.
- Resilient and secure: Your Polaris data is always replicated and backed up to Amazon S3. In addition to SOC 2 Type 1 and HIPAA compliance, Imply Polaris automatically encrypts all data and offers role-based access control.