Tables and data
Introduction to Imply Polaris
Imply Polaris is the easiest real-time database for modern analytics applications, built from Apache Druid and delivered as a fully managed database as a service (DBaaS).
Polaris is much more than Druid in the cloud. It drives automation and intelligence that delivers the performance of Druid without needing expertise. It also provides a complete, integrated experience that simplifies everything from ingesting data to using visualizations to extracting valuable insights from your data.
To get started:
Watch the following video tutorial for an introduction to Polaris:
Benefits of Polaris
Start building analytics applications in as little as five minutes. Reap all the benefits of Apache Druid’s best-in-class speed, scale, and agility on a fully managed cloud database as a service designed by the open source project’s original creators.
Key benefits of Polaris include:
- Fully managed cloud service: Build modern analytics applications without worrying about the underlying infrastructure. Take advantage of automated setup, backups, disaster recovery, security, upgrades, and ongoing management to deliver an always-on service.
- Single development experience: Develop your analytics applications using the fully integrated experience that includes:
- Built-in, push-based streaming built on Confluent Cloud
- Integrated visualization engine
- SQL IDE
- Performance metrics and usage monitoring
- Database optimization: Benefit from Druid's incomparable performance without turning knobs. Polaris automates configurations and tuning parameters. It also includes built-in performance monitoring to ensure maximum performance for every query from your app.
- Scale in seconds: Data ingestion scales elastically. Polaris decouples ingestion resources from querying resources, and ingestion resources scale up and down automatically as required. You only pay for the ingestion resources you use, based on the volume of data you ingest.
- Resilient and secure: Your Polaris data is always replicated and backed up to Amazon S3. In addition to SOC 2 Type 1 and HIPAA compliance, Imply Polaris automatically encrypts all data and offers role-based access control.