The following Imply Polaris functionality is provided by Apache Druid extensions built into Polaris. See the Imply Extensions page for more information on the individual extensions.
- Ingesting data from files stored in S3 (Druid S3 extensions).
- Approximate histogram aggregator and fixed buckets histogram aggregator (Druid histogram).
- Apache DataSketches aggregators (Druid DataSketches).
- Constructing bloom filters from query results (Druid bloom filters)
- Caching lookups that aren't executed at query time (Druid globally cached lookups).
- Exactly-once Apache Kafka ingestion for indexing (Druid Kafka indexing service).
- Exactly-once Kinesis ingestion for indexing (Druid Kinesis indexing service).
- Microsoft Azure deep storage (Druid Azure extensions).
- Parsing and ingesting the ORC data format (Druid ORC extensions).
- Parsing and ingesting the Parquet data format (Druid Parquet extensions).
- Parsing and ingesting the Protobuf data format (Druid Protobuf extensions).
- Parsing and ingesting the Avro data format (Druid Avro extensions).
- Statistics-related aggregators including variance and standard deviations (Druid stats).
- Kafka-based namespace lookup (Kafka namespace extraction).
The following Polaris functionality is provided by Imply extensions built into Polaris:
- Sending metrics to Imply's Clarity service or to a Kafka broker (Clarity emitter).
- Automatic scaler for the ingestion service.
- Implementations of various interfaces to provide configuration properties with secret values.