Monitor account usage
You can monitor your account usage directly from the Imply Polaris console. Polaris aggregates your consumption data across billing dimensions and displays an overview of your spending for the current billing cycle.
You must be the organization administrator or have the
AdministerBilling permission assigned to your profile to access the Usage and Billing page in Polaris.
To view your account usage, select Administration from the user profile menu. Click Usage and Billing in the left sidebar.
From the Usage tab of the Usage and Billing page, you can perform the following tasks:
- Review general information about your plan, including plan status and billing cycle end date.
- View how many hours a given project has been running.
- Analyze your current account usage, including the size of ingested data and file storage consumed.
- Monitor accrued costs for the current billing cycle.
- Customers on the Savings plan can view their total annual commitment and the remaining commitment balance.
The following image shows usage information for an organization on the Pay-as-you-go (PayGo) plan:
The Usage tab displays an estimate of accrued charges. The estimate does not reflect the actual amount owed at the end of the billing cycle.
The Usage tab provides the following aggregated information. The information is updated every four hours.
- Item: The billing dimension that Polaris meters and bills for each billing cycle.
- Usage: The total quantity of billable units consumed during the current billing cycle.
- Unit Cost: The cost of a single billable unit.
- Total Cost: The total cost of the billing dimension for the current billing cycle.