Navigate the console
The Polaris console, often referred to as the Polaris user interface (UI), consists of three main sections:
- On the left is the navigation menu. It directs you to areas in the interface to analyze and view data, create and manage tables, and view storage information for your project.
- To the right is the main working area of the interface, where you can view and create data cubes, run queries, and build visuals.
- The user menu, located in the top-right corner, contains your account information and operational resources.
Access to certain features is limited to users with specific permissions. If you are not able to view a certain tab, you may not have the necessary permissions to access that functionality. See Permissions reference for more information.
Depending on your account permissions, the navigation menu can display analytics, data ingestion, monitoring, and management resources.
Continue reading for information about each resource.
Organizations that have projects in multiple regions can see the region selector at the top of the navigation menu. The region selector allows multi-region organizations to switch between
us-east-1 US East (N. Virginia) and
eu-central-1 Europe (Frankfurt) regions.
The Data section displays options for ingesting and organizing your data:
- Tables: Create, modify, and delete tables.
- Sources: Upload and delete files for batch ingestion. Manage ingestion sources.
- Jobs: Monitor jobs including batch and streaming ingestion, data deletion, and table deletion.
- SQL: Run SQL queries and examine query results.
The Analytics section consists of the following visualization and analytics resources:
- Data cubes: Create and manage data cubes.
- Dashboards: Create and manage dashboards.
- Alerts: Set up alerts to monitor events in your data.
- Reports: Schedule reports that deliver select data to specified recipients.
- Embedding: Create embedding links to read-only visualizations.
The Monitoring section displays options for monitoring how your project is performing:
- User queries: View dashboards that report the health and performance of your queries.
- Streaming: View dashboards that report health and performance of event stream ingestion.
- Detailed metrics: A data cube interface where you can explore your Polaris metric data using a data cube interface.
The Management section contains the Project size option for managing the size of your project. You can monitor your project's data storage capacity and scale up or down as needed.
Click the user profile icon to access the user menu. Depending on your account permissions, the user menu can include the following options:
- Your profile: View your account information and user groups.
- Users: Manage users.
- User groups: Manage user groups.
- Identity providers: Configure single sign-on using identity provider settings.
- API keys: Manage API keys.
- OAuth clients: Add and manage OAuth clients.
- Usage and Billing: View information about your payment plan and account usage.
- Region: Manage regions.
- Documentation: View technical documentation for Polaris.
- Support: View community discussion topics and submit feature requests.
- Sign out: Sign out of your account.